Friday, February 29, 2008

Blog 6

After reading "The man behind Abercrombie and Fitch" by Benoit Denizet-Lewis it gave me a complete clear different view about Abercrombie and Fitch and Hollister. The story informed me more about A&F I mean who would have though the CEO is a preppy, tan , white teethed sixty one year old man? Because I was thinking someone more around the age of 40-45. Throughout the story the author talks a lot about Mike Jefferies the CEO of A&F and his lifestyles, and the way he does things and the ways he thinks things should be done in A&F and Hollister stores. The author says Jefferies is like the willie Wonka of the fashion industry. Which is right because he is always perfecting the stores and making things the way he wants them. Although I love the stores A&F and Hollister after reading the story it kinda pushed me away more towards American Eagle, Aeropostale or Old Navy. First of all the story made me realize the way the manicans are dressed with their mid drifts showing or revealing other body parts that make people think they look "sexy" and also after recently shopping there and looking at the employees all of the employees are beautiful and thin. And secondly Jefferies quote "America's unattractive, over weight, or otherwise undesirable teens can shop elsewhere" made me mad. I have seen overweight people in A&F and Hollister clothes before and they still look cute and fashionable. Yeah they may have had to buy the XL but if they like the style of clothing and are willing to pay the prices then why should they be denied the service?

No comments: