Thursday, February 21, 2008

Blog # 5

After reading "The Myspace Generation" by Jessi Hempel with Paula Lehmen and "R We D8ting" by Sandra Barron this week in our NextText book I was able to relate myself very well to these stories. Being a very frequent visitor of the myspace website I was kinda shocked and excited to get to read to the story. The story says that myspace had 20 million members log in on October and 9.5 million members log in on Facebook. Myspace and Facebook are good ways for college students to keep in contact with one another and to keep informed with activities going on. Like we discussed in class "Tom Anderson" the first friend everyone recieves when they join myspace actually kinda freaked me out along with I'm sure many other people becuase until I read this story I had no idea "Tom" could be one of myspaces 165 staff workers. Which makes me think when we are communicating with people through myspace, AIM, or text messaging do we really know who is on the other line? Which leads to the "R We D8ting?" story. Being the avid texter that I am and almost always go over my limit each month I can honestly say nothing like that has ever happened to me. Although, with texting I know that it is hard sometimes to understand what people are saying and when people are being serious or just joking. So although, it may be alot easier to communicate through AIM, myspace, or texting sometimes they can just cause problems than any good.

No comments: